Here in Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky, we know that fall furnace tune ups are important so that your system stays efficient going into the colder months.
One of the benefits of preventative maintenance is also detecting any issues before they become large, costly problems. Those are just two benefits of tune ups, but here are 4 more reasons why a furnace tune up is critical:
- Less emergency furnace repairs
- Money savings
- Safety for your family
- Your HVAC service record
Let’s take a closer look at each.
Why is A Fall HVAC Tune Up Important for Cincinnati Homeowners?
Your fall furnace tune-up keeps your equipment in its ideal condition, and that means it can perform to the best of its ability. In summary, here is why preventative maintenance is so critical:
Less Emergency Furnace Heating Repairs
Consistent tune ups drastically reduce the likelihood for emergency calls for broken equipment or any furnace repairs. No one wants their furnace to suddenly stop working or have problems, and maintenance is one of the ways you are ensuring your system is proactively being monitored and cleaned over time.
Money Savings Thanks to a Properly Maintained HVAC
Systems that aren’t properly maintained have to work harder for the same comfort levels…and that is if they can even reach optimal comfort levels. If you don’t maintain your system, you really will end up paying more. If you want optimal airflow and efficiency, the place to start is with ongoing, proactive maintenance and that starts with your furnace tune up.
Safety for Your Family
Clogged filters or dirty mechanical parts isn’t just harder on your system (which costs you more), but it’s also something that isn’t as safe for you and your family, since a HVAC system that isn’t working properly can emit harmful by-products. Carbon monoxide detectors are one step that we encourage, but ongoing preventative maintenance is what you really need to protect the health and safety of your family throughout the year.
A HVAC Service Record that Shows You Keep Up with Seasonal Tune Ups
Our qualified technicians will also provide you with a service record you should be keeping for your HVAC. Some, if not most, warrantees will even require to see your service record if you ever have issues. At the very least, you want your system to be properly maintained so you can share these records if and when you ever go to sell your home or property. Buyers will feel confident—and you will be able to show how consistent maintenance over the years has kept your system in top working condition.
What’s Included In a Furnace Tune Up?
Around this time of year, consider how your furnace hasn’t been operational for several months as you head into fall and winter. When it’s time to start it up again, you can see how some issues can happen, or there can be issues that have gone undetected; that’s why, with the changing seasons, having a HVAC professional check over your furnace is a great idea to minimize any surprise repairs or sudden breakdowns.
Here’s a list of what is included in your furnace tune up, at minimum:
- Safety tests to ensure system controls are working
- Recording of operating pressures and temperatures
- Lubrication of moving parts including motor bearings
- Check of electrical connections
- Adjustment of the blower
- Adjustment of fan belt
- Check of gas pressure
- Check that the thermostat is working properly
- Check of the voltage and current
- Check of air filter, and clean and/or replace air filter when given one by you
- Ensure carbon monoxide levels are within safe range
- Cleaning of interior and exterior of furnace
- Inspection and cleaning of burners
- Inspection of heat exchanger
- Test of ignition system
- Inspection and clearing of condensate drain
Are Preventative Maintenance Plans Really Worth It?
Furnace preventative maintenance plans are absolutely worth the investment. You’ll save in many ways, but primarily you will save because of:
- Minimizing the need for costly repairs; after all, you are detecting and diagnosing issues BEFORE they become more costly or damaging
- Helping your system perform optimally, which impacts your monthly bills
- Extending the life of your system by helping it perform at its peak
- Savings if issues with your furnace do occur: we offer Greater Cincinnati homeowners enrolled in our maintenance plan 10% off, if you do ever need repairs and service.
Greater Cincinnati Homeowners, Call Greater Comfort for Fall Tune Up
“Greater Comfort Heating & Air Conditioning is my go-to resource for all my air conditioning and heating needs. They offer up-front pricing and they are always on time. The Greater Comfort team is also professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. I recommend Greater Comfort to other families looking for a more comfortable home.”
Greater Comfort is your go-to resource for dependable HVAC services, support, and regular maintenance. From install to repair—and from maintenance to innovative solutions—we’re here to help you with all your commercial heating and cooling needs.