We want you to be as prepared as possible before we come to your home whether the appointment is for repair, replacement or a tune-up. Here’s how to be ready for your HVAC service appointment:
1, Check your air filter. If need be, an appointment with us is a great reminder to make sure your air filter is clean and that it’s been changed on-time.
2. Be sure you know where your unit is located. It sounds obvious to some, but we like to point that out.
3. If you called for AC repair, do your best to see whether or not the outdoor air conditioning (condensing unit) is running.
4. Reset the circuit breaker if you are having trouble with the system.
5. Make sure your thermostat batteries are working if you are having trouble with your thermostat.
6. Many units are going to have on/off switches by the indoor air handler and your outdoor unit. Check these switches if you are having trouble before we come.
7. If you haven’t already compiled the information, write down the model number of your system.
8. Be prepared to share what is happening (symptoms or problems) for when the service tech arrives.
9. Know how long you have had issues, and share that information with us when we arrive.
10. Make sure the system is going to be accessible.
11. Make sure to put pets away in a safe place to minimize any disruption or confusion for them.
12. Have your phone near you so when we call on our way, you can answer.
13. Ensure whoever is authorized to agree to any necessary repairs is present.
14. Many homeowners like to have a file that has all their system information in it. If you need it, be sure to get that prior to when we come (1). It’s very helpful to have past history of service performed readily available, too, and that may be a part of this file or folder.
15. Get any coupons or promotions you have ready for us.
HVAC Not Working As It Should? Turn to Greater Comfort for Expert AC Service
When it comes to your regular, seasonal tune-ups with us, all of these things will become second nature to you. If you have any questions or concerns about what to expect when we come to your home for HVAC service, just let us know. We’re here to make sure you are comfortable with the entire process, from start to finish.